Most subscribers on any telco are well used to paying for airtime and data before getting to use it. Well, there are some who like to first use then pay the bills later. That’s what PostPay tariffs are all about. The Safaricom PostPay allows those signed up to set a preferred monthly credit limit with a minimum allowable limit of 1,000. The firm has been working on making the service more convenient for users. This was made clear in early 2020 when the tariff was revised to offer customers more value.
PostPay has for years always been considered to be an exclusive club for the classy. But Safaricom has been looking to change that and make it more accessible to whoever wishes to join.
As it stands, the following are the packages provided under the tariff.
|KES 1,000||KES 2,000||KES 3,000||KES 5,000||KES 10,000|
|5GB Data||15GB Data||25GB Data||Unlimited Data||Unlimited Data|
|400 Minutes||1000 Minutes||1500 Minutes||2500 Minutes||Unlimited Calls|
|Unlimited SMS||Unlimited SMS||Unlimited SMS||Unlimited SMS||Unlimited SMS|
The data bundles have no expiry date and the minutes attached are usable for both local and international calls to all networks.
For international calls, you will be able to use the minutes to place calls to the USA, China, Canada and India, with the telco promising more countries later on.
How To Join Safaricom PostPay
- Dial *544# then select the “Join PostPay” option.
- The menu will provide you with a predefined call limit (Customers with no credit limit will be prompted to enter their preferred limit and make payment via MPESA).
- You will be prompted to enter your email address for billing purposes.
- Select a PostPay bundle plan.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- A notification will then be sent stating that your line has been moved to PostPay.
* You can do the same via the MySafaricom app via the PostPay menu.
How To Pay Your PostPay Bill
- Head over to M-PESA on the SIM toolkit or the app.
- Select Payment Services.
- Choose Pay Bill and key in the Safaricom PostPay bill number 200200.
- Enter the mobile number to make payment.
- Input the amount you wish to pay.
- Key in your M-PESA PIN.
- Confirm details are correct and press OK.