KCPE 2021/2022 examination results are set to be released later today. This is just 2 weeks after the students finished their national examinations. Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) administers the KCPE examination under the Ministry of Education.
The examinations are conducted every year in the second week of November and take three days. With the disruption of the school calendar because of the pandemic, the papers were pushed to March. This year, the number of students registered to sit for the KCPE examination was approximately 1.2 million compared to 1.1 million in 2020.
Candidates who sat for their exams can check their results in these two ways:
Check KCPE 2021/2022 Results Online
- Go to “www.knec-portal.ac.ke”
- Login to the portal with your username and password.
- Check for the “2021 Online Result Slip” and click on it
- The KCPE Result Slip window will open.
- Enter your ‘KCPE 2021 Index Number’
- Enter the required ‘Examination Year’ which is 2021
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Your KCPE results will be displayed after submitting.
For this method, you only require your mobile phone/laptop and an active internet connection. The candidates can also download their results by accessing the portal. However, once the results are released, there could be high traffic thus there could be some lagging.
Check KCPE 2021/2022 Results via SMS
- Send an SMS with your ‘Index Number’ to 20076
This is a convenient and fast way of receiving the KCPE results. The service is available for the network providers Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom. This method will incur a cost, usually around 25 KES per SMS. Remember to send the SMS once the results have OFFICIALLY been released.