Tecno has entered the foldable smartphone market with the launch of its latest device, the Phantom V Fold. The phone was launched at the Mobile World Congress 2023 in Barcelona.
The Phantom V Fold boasts an impressive set of specs that position it to compete with other foldable smartphones on the market. Here’s a rundown of some key features of the device.
Tecno Phantom V Fold Key Tech Specs
- Left-right foldable design: The Phantom V Fold is the world’s first left-right foldable smartphone. This design allows the device to fold in a unique way, which sets it apart from other foldable smartphones.
- Cover display: When closed, the phone features a 6.42-inch LTPO AMOLED cover display with a resolution of 1080×2550 and a refresh rate of 120Hz.
- Main display: The device features a larger 7.85-inch (2000×2296) main display when opened. This is a 120Hz LTPO panel. It is a larger screen than what we find on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- Chipset: The V Fold powered by a flagship 4nm MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ SoC, which is the same chipset used on the Oppo Find N2 Flip.
- Triple camera setup: The phone features an ultra-clear 5-lens camera system. Three of these cameras are on the back–a 50-megapixel main camera, another 50-megapixel 2x zoom camera, and a 13-megapixel UltraWide camera. The two selfie cameras are 32-megapixel on the front screen and 16-megapixel on the inside.
- Battery: The Phantom V Fold comes with a 5,000mAh battery with 45W wired charging. It does not have a wireless charging option.
- Fast charging: Tecno claims that the Phantom V Fold can recharge its battery to 40% in 15 minutes and achieve a full charge in 55 minutes.
Overall, the Tecno Phantom V Fold is an impressive device that features unique design elements and impressive specs. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against other foldable smartphones on the market.
The device is expected to be available in Kenya by the end of March 2023, though no pricing details have been provided yet.