Voice assistants like Alexa, can do quite more than the user thinks. There is much more to Alexa, use it as your personal digital assistant. If you have an Alexa enabled device, here are some of the best commands you can use for your device.
But first, remember to summon Alexa by using the simply saying ‘Alexa’. You can always change the wake word to something else is you would prefer an alternative or your name is simply Alexa. Changing is possible from your smart phone.
Basic Alexa Commands
- Volume up or down: “Alexa, volume up” or ” Alexa, volume down”
- Stop or pause: ” Alexa, stop” or “Alexa, pause”
- Mute or unmute: “Alexa, mute” or “Alexa, unmute”
- Set a timer: “Alexa, set a ‘insert the preferred time’ timer
- Cancel the timer: “Alexa, cancel the “timer you created” timer
- Check time left: “Alexa, how much time is left on the ‘choose any timer’ timer?
- Check the weather: “Alexa, what’s the weather?” (You can also specify the specific time like “this afternoon” or even of a specific location
- Play news: “Alexa, play the news” (You can also specify where the news should be read from like “Nation”
- Play music: “Alexa, play me some music” Alexa will start streaming music from the default music source that was selected.
- Pause music: “Alexa, pause the music”
- Restart: “Alexa, restart the music”
- Skip music: “Alexa, skip the music”
- Play a specific artist/album: “Alexa, play “insert the name of the artis or the album”
- Play music from a specific music service: ” Alexa, play “preferred music” from “preferred music service”
Coronavirus related Control
- Ask for coronavirus information: “Alexa, what is the coronavirus?”
- Ask for coronavirus news updates: “Alexa, what’s the latest with the coronavirus?”
- Ask for help timing your handwashing for 20 seconds: “Alexa, help me wash my hands.”