Showmax is welcoming exciting movie proposals from Kenyan producers for a Kenyan blockbuster–a movie with huge creative & commercial appeal. Concepts that will transport the audience into a world of adventure, thrills, and enthralling characters.
Showmax is accepting proposals for a feature movie that will be 90-100 minutes in duration in English & Swahili. Whilst the primary audience is Kenyan, movies with an East-African edge are also welcome.
- Logline: summary of the story (not over 30 words).
- Plotline (A sequence of the key plot points from the beginning to the end)
- Character bios of main key characters–not over 4 characters. (Their goals, needs, desires, and weaknesses)
- Mood board: Picture collage that gives us a glimpse of how you plan to execute the film, in terms of cinematography, production design, mood, and tone.
- Company profile &Team: Who are the filmmakers behind the project? What have you done previously? Who will do what?
- Preliminary Budget: How much will it cost to produce the movie at each stage?
- Showreel: A link to your showreel or sample of your work, no longer than 3 minutes.
- References: Please include contact details for three references. References cannot include M-Net personnel.
Any complete scripts will only be requested from shortlisted filmmakers.
The presentation must not be more than 15 slides.
Technical and editorial standards required will be set out in the production agreement. Showmax will have the final editorial and creative control over all aspects of the Commissioned Movie.
The Evaluation/Selection Process
An email notification will acknowledge receipt of proposals. Only shortlisted applications will be invited for pitches. The selection process will take roughly 6 weeks. If you don’t hear from them within this time after the submissions deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline for Submissions: 21 November 2022.
Make your submission HERE