Smartphone tech is getting better with time and at a fast rate, a joy to enthusiasts like myself. More of the specs only “reserved” for flagship devices are also making their way to the budget and mid-range segments. Therefore, it can be quite confusing to know exactly where to spend if you are on a budget-too many options! Here is my list of the best phones to buy in Kenya if your budget cap is at KES 30K.
Best Phones To Buy In Kenya Under 30K
- IPS LCD 6.52-inch HD (720 x 1600 pixels) display
- Android 11 Go Edition
- Snapdragon 215 processor
- 32GB storage, 2GB RAM
- 8MP + 2MP rear cameras, 5MP selfie camera
- 4000mAh batteryPrice: KES 12,499
- 6.52-inch HD+ display powered by a 4230mAh battery
- 4GB RAM and 64GB worth of internal storage
- 13MP rear main camera or the 5MP selfie camera
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11
The first in the line of the latest Note 11 series devices is quite an ambitious phone at its budget. It is equipped with an FHD+ AMOLED screen while also reaching as much as 1200 nits to ensure the screen’s clarity even in bright daylight.
It launched just a few weeks ago in the country, and these are the rest of the main specs:
- 6.43 inch,90Hz refresh rate
- 50MP main camera,8MP ultra-wide camera ,2MP macro camera, 2MP depth camera and 13MP in display front camera.
- Snapdragon 680 processor
- 5,000mAh battery
- Supports 33W wired Pro fast charging.
As for pricing, there are three options here depending on Memory/Storage.
- 4GB+64GB: Ksh. 19,999
- 4GB+128GB: Ksh. 22,499
- 6GB+128GB: Ksh. 23,999
- 4GB RAM + 128GB Storage.
- Quad Rear Camera Set-Up: 48MP(main) +12MP(ultra-wide) + 5MP(depth sensor) + 5MP (macro)
- 32MP Selfie Camera
- 4000mAh battery capacity
- in-display fingerprint scanner