There are a number of ways of paying for your KPLC bill. One of the most common methods is by paying via M-Pesa. This is a very fast and convenient way to pay for postpaid or prepaid tokens. No need of having to buy from an authorized shop or having to go to their offices to make your payment.
Paying your Postpaid Electricity Bill
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-Pesa menu.
- Enter the Kenya Power Business Number 888888.
- Enter your new Kenya Power Account Number.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- Confirm that all details are correct.
- You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select “Lipa na M-PESA“
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press “OK”
- Select “Enter Account no.“, Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number (e.g. 0100 xxxx xxxx x) press “OK”
- “Enter Amount“, between KSh100 and 35,000 and press “OK”
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press “OK”
- M-PESA HAKIKISHA, You will get a notification with the intended recipient’s name e.g. “Pay Kenya Power KSh1,000.00 for Account 0100 xxxx xxxx x Press 1 within 20 seconds to STOP this transaction.” To stop a wrong transaction, Enter “1” and press Send within 20 seconds. Pressing “Cancel” will complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA.
- KPLC will then generate prepaid token valid for your meter and send via SMS.