There’s nothing harder than trying to decide which budget phone to place your bet on, the question is never which one offers better specifications, but rather, which one will suck less to use. However, in recent times – thanks to competition, budget phones have become rather interesting, offering features that we would only see in much higher prices smartphones.
In this piece, we pit two “fraternal twins” of smartphones, the TECNO Spark 3 Pro and the Huawei Y6 Prime (2019). While one was launched slightly earlier than the other, they both share similar specifications down to the skeleton with only a few differences to keep things interesting.
We’ll divide this “review” into three segments, a look at why you should buy each of the phones then a conclusion of which one we think deserves your money because what’s a comparison without an outright winner?
Reasons for the TECNO Spark 3 Pro
- Better battery life thanks to its bigger capacity
- The rear design of the phone looks premium and stands out
- Better software optimization which improves the device’s multitasking capabilities
- Dual lenses on the back to aim with better portrait images and the results are evident
- Although it tends to overexpose the images, in areas with shadows, the Spark 3 Pro produces the better-looking photos
- Has Faiba 4G support
Reason for the Huawei Y6 Prime (2019)
- The front of the Y6 looks much better with a smaller water drop notch
- Huawei’s Supersound technology puts the Y6 ahead with better sounding speakers with richer bass and is actually louder, this, topped up by other features like Party Mode set the Huawei ahead as the multimedia device
- Feels lighter, probably thanks to its smaller battery
- Despite having seemingly inferior cameras, the dynamic range and low-light capabilities are better on the Y6
- Y6’s software is far much richer with features
|TECNO Spark 3 Pro||Huawei Y6 Prime (2019)|
|Display||6.2" 720P||6.09" 720P|
|Software||Android 9.0 Pie||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Main Camera||Dual 13MP (standard) + 2MP (depth sensor)||13MP (standard)|
Which one should you buy?
From the specifications above, you can see that the TECNO Spark 3 Pro undercuts the Huawei Y6 Prime (2019) in price and seeing how close this battle is between the two devices, it is hard to ignore that saving a thousand shillings is worth it.
The Spark 3 Pro offers a slightly larger screen, bigger battery and seemingly better cameras. Of course, as much as we recommend picking up the TECNO Spark 3 Pro, you should be ready to live with ads being served on your phone unless you decide to use a third-party launcher.
Featured Image Courtesy Tech-ish