Call of Duty. Battlefield. Rainbow Six: Siege. Counter-Strike. Gunfire Reborn.
These are just a couple of the most popular FPS games on the planet today, one of the biggest sectors in the gaming market and a huge driver for online multiplayer today.
But while there’s nothing like squadding up with your friends and dropping into a digital battlefield to wage war on your online enemies, FPS games can be tough – even borderline punishing – if you’re not sure of exactly what you’re doing when you drop in.
That’s why you should regularly check news and guides for FPS games. Also, below we share 5 simple tips and tricks that will make you a much more capable FPS player, help you win more gunfights, and crank up your skill level a lot faster than you would have thought possible.
Let’s jump in!
FPS stands for “first-person shooter.” These are a type of video game in which the player views the action through the eyes of the character they are controlling and uses weapons to kill enemies. The goal of most FPS games is to progress through levels, complete objectives, and defeat bosses or other powerful opponents.
FPS games can be challenging for a number of reasons. They often require quick reflexes, strategic thinking, and good aim. Some FPS games have a steep learning curve and can take a lot of practice to get good at.
That’s where this guide comes into play!
How to (Almost Effortlessly) Get Better in FPS Games
If you want to dominate in FPS games, you need to use all your resources – your weapons, your gadgets, your teammates, the map, and the cover itself – to give yourself the best chance at winning.
But if you really want to take your game to the next level, these 5 simple tricks to get better in FPS games will jack your abilities through the roof faster than almost anything else:
- Practice your aim: One of the most important skills in an FPS game is being able to aim accurately. This can be improved through practice, whether it’s through playing the game or using aim-training maps or software.
- Use cover effectively: In many FPS games, players can take cover behind objects to avoid enemy fire. Learning how to use cover effectively can help you survive longer in a firefight and give you an advantage over your opponents.
- Learn the maps: Knowing the layout of the maps in the game you’re playing is crucial for positioning yourself effectively and predicting the movements of your enemies.
- Communicate with your team: In team-based FPS games, communication is key. Letting your teammates know your plans and positioning can help you coordinate your efforts and achieve your objectives.
- Stay calm: In high-pressure situations, it can be easy to panic and make mistakes. Staying calm and maintaining a clear head will help you make better decisions and improve your overall performance.
At the end of the day, becoming a top-tier operator in FPS games comes down to a handful of things.
You need to move smarter and position better than the opponents. You need to maximize the effectiveness of your weapon and resources better than the enemy. And you need to get shots more reliably on target without taking damage yourself.
Use the tips above and you’ll be a much better FPS player in no time at all!
The article is contributed by Miley Dowing, founder of Daily Cup Of Tech.