E-Commerce platform Amazon has announced a partnership with money remittance service Western Union that will see shoppers in international markets (outside of US) pay for their shopping via Western Union.
The service will be offered through Amazon PayCode, a move that is aimed at making it easier for those in regions that don’t prominently use debit and credit cards to shop on the platform. Amazon PayCode is currently available in Kenya, Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand.
Here’s how to pay for your Amazon shopping via Western Union:
- Shop for the item(s) you want and checkout
- At checkout, select Amazon PayCode as your checkout option
- Submit your official name and date of birth as they appear on your national ID
- Confirm your shipping address
- Review your order then select your preferred delivery option (expedited or priority)
- Once you place the order, a special number (the PayCode) will be generated – it will also be sent to your email
- Visit your preferred Western Union outlet and complete the payment within 48 hours of placing your order
At the Western Union outlet, you will be required to display your national ID as well as the Amazon PayCode that was sent to you. After you are identified, you will then proceed to pay for your order and your items will be shipped to your address.