The new Asus Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is finally in Kenya. It is placed in between the Zenbook pro and Vivobook series. The target for this laptop is lifestyle creators, vloggers, and artists. Design-wise, it is less minimalistic and traditional than a Zenbook pro but not as colourful as regular Vivobooks.
We have had a chance to look at the Vivobook Pro 16X OLED, and these are our first impressions.
By the way, there are both 14-inch and 16-inch options, and they come in Comet Grey or Cool Silver. Both feature a new weave-textured coating that helps prevent fingerprints and smudges and feels like fine sandpaper.
Asus Vivobook Pro 16X OLED First Impressions
The 16” panel has an FHD IPS option with 0.2ms response time. Its keyboard has a very distinct design, with some clear colour coding for different groups of keys.
The touchpad is very generous in size. Swiping inwards from the top right corner of the touchpad enables a new DialPad. Once activated, it has the same UI and functionality as the Studiobook physical dial.
For input and output, there are two USB ports and the power and battery indicator LEDs. On the right side there is the power jack, another full-size USB port, a full-size HDMI port, a maxed out Thunderbolt 4 port and finally, a microSD reader and 3.5mm combo jack.
Moreover, Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is powered by the latest NVIDIA GeForce 3050 graphics. The laptop has up to 2x the rendering performance of the 20 Series and up to 32 GB of graphics memory. Creators will be excited about Studio laptops render extra-large 3D models and edit up to 8K HDR RAW video.
A high-performance solid-state disk with a PCIe interface gives Vivobook 16X OLED the fastest storage available, allowing ultra-quick boot times and zero-wait app loading.
Gamers and high-intense users do not need to worry about heating. The highly efficient dual-fan cooling system incorporates two heat pipes. The advanced cooling design of the Vivobook 16X OLED ensures that the system stays cool and provides maximum performance, anytime and anywhere.
For audio, ASUS AI Noise-Canceling Technology his technology employs machine learning in order to isolate unwanted noise from human speech. The ClearVoice Mic feature in the MyASUS app can filter out ambient noise, and the Multi-Presenter mode normalizes all individual voices from different positions for optimum group conference-call quality.
Full Tech Specs
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (ASUS recommends Windows 10 Pro for business) /Windows 10 Home
- CPU: Intel Core i7-11370H Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.80 GHz)
- Integrated GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- OnBoard Memory: 8GB / 16GB / 32GB 3200MHz DDR4
- Memory Max: 32GB 3200MHz DDR4
- Storage: 512G/1TB PCIe SSD
TG SSD: 512GB PCIe SSD Gen3 + 32GB Optane Memory
TG SSD: 1TB PCIe SSD Gen3 + 32GB
- Card Reader: MicroSD card reader
- Keyboard Type: Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard with backlit.
- Touchpad: Support ASUS DialPad, TouchPad: Intelligent palm rejection, Precision touchpad (PTP) technology supports up to four-finger smart gestures.
- Battery: 96Wh 6-cells lithium-polymer battery
- AC Adapter: 120W AC Adapter, Output: 20V DC, 6A, 120W, Input: 100~240V AC 50/60Hz universal
- Audio: Built-in array microphone/Built-in speaker /Harman Kardon certified audio
- Camera: HD camera
- Weight: 1.95kg (with 3-cell battery) TBD
- Interface: 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type- C(Thunderbolt4 Type-C)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x Audio combo jack
1 x MicroSD card reader
- Fingerprint: Finger Print Combine with Power Key in Keyboard
Price: The Asus Vivobook Pro 16X OLED is available at Text Book Centre for Ksh 206,000.