Fortnite‘s battle with tech giants Google and Apple is still running. But the game is still banned from Google Play Store and the App Store after the ruling went against Epic Games’ side. However, that does not mean that you cannot install the game on Android phones as there are other sources you that provide Fortnite.
Downloading and installing the app is pretty straightforward and Samsung Galaxy device owners have it way easier.
How To Install Fortnite on Your Samsung Galaxy Device
The Epic Games app is easiest to install on a Samsung smartphone particularly for Galaxy S7 and up. This is because it is readily available on the Galaxy Store. All one has to do is:
- Open the app drawer.
- Open the Samsung apps folder
- Launch the Galaxy Store.
- You will see a Fortnite banner under the Games tab at the bottom of the screen. If not, you can simply search for Epic Games.
- Click to Download the Epic Games app.
The app will automatically install itself after the download.
How To Install Fortnite On Other Android Phones
Playing Fortnite on a non-Samsung device requires one to download the app directly from Epic. Since you are getting the game from outside the Play Store, you will need to go to the phone’s settings and allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
After that, you will have to follow these steps to install the game:
- Navigate through the Fortnite site on your phone.
- Select the “Get it on the Epic Games app” option in order to get the Epic Games client. This is what will enable your phone to get the Fortnite app.
- Tap the Open button to commence installation of Epic Games.