Just about every news story at the moment is related to Covid-19, which can start to feel a bit overwhelming, especially when there’s misinformation mixed in with the facts. WHO has launched an official WhatsApp Bot. It is aimed at sending you facts about coronavirus.
In these testing times, you can only rely on trusted sources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), and the health departments of your local governments.
Here’s How You Can Use The WHO WhatsApp Bot
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on this link and send join to WHO.
- Alternatively, add the number +41 79 893 18 92 to your contacts, then start a WhatsApp chat with that number and send the word ‘join’.
The bot also provides you with relevant links such as the latest announcements and articles related to coronavirus. Currently, this bot provides you with latest numbers across the world related to the pandemic, tip and FAQs on the disease, myths surrounding COVID-19, travel advice, and latest news from the health organization.
Where Else Can I Get Official Information?
WHO provides a well-detailed website that gives you all the information you need about Coronavirus. It gives you
- How to protect yourself
- Ability to donate to a response fund
- Situation response
- Travel advice
- Myth busters
- Confirmed deaths and cases
- A glance at what WHO has been able to do so far with regards to the virus.
In light of this, you can also get updates from us on WhatsApp as well. Use this button.Gadgets Africa on WhatsApp