The Apple Watch can be used for much more than just telling time and keeping track of your fitness. There are hidden features you may not have tried before and could come in handy. For example, did you know you can use your Apple Watch as a camera remote? Instead of working up a sweat trying to beat the timer for your next selfie, you can use the Apple Watch to control your phone’s camera shutter.
This feature is in-built into the Apple Watch so don’t worry about having to download third-party apps. Here’s how it works.
How To Use Your Apple Watch As A Camera Remote
- Unlock your iPhone.
- On the Apple Watch home screen, open Camera Remote. The icon looks similar to the Camera app icon on your iPhone.
- After opening the app, you will see what your photo will look like on your Watch face.
- Adjust your camera settings to your preference like using the zoom feature by using the Digital Crown and compose your shot.
- Tap the shutter icon in the centre of the watch screen to take your photo.
More Tips On The Apple Watch
- After taking the photo, you can review it by tapping on the thumbnail on the bottom left of the Watch.
- Swipe left or right to let you see other photos you have taken.
- Tap the three dot button on the bottom right to access the settings menu. You can be able to set a timer, switch between front and back cameras on your iPhone, edit flash settings, Live Photo settings and toggle HDR on or off.
- To focus on your subject, tap on a specific area in the photo on the Watch screen.