Losing your smartphone can be a disheartening experience, leaving you feeling disconnected. If you have purchased a refurbished phone from Badili Africa and find yourself in the unfortunate situation of misplacing it, worry not.
Here are some steps to track it down and get it back in your hands.
Find My Phone For Android
You can use Google’s free service, Find My Device, to track your Android phone if it is lost or stolen. Track it by going to the Find My Device website or app and signing in with your Google account.
- On a computer or another phone, type android.com. It will prompt you to log in to your Google account.
- If your phone was logged onto your Gmail, you can easily track it by typing ‘Find my phone” on Google search.
- Once signed in, you’ll see a map with the location of your device. You can also access other options such as Ring, Lock, or Erase.
Utilise Tracking Apps
There are several third-party tracking apps available that can help you locate your Android phone. Badili recommends popular options such as Prey, Cerberus, and Lookout. These utilise GPS technology to track the location of your device.
It is essential to install and set up one of these apps on your phone before it goes missing, ensuring that you are prepared for any unforeseen circumstances.
The Power of IMEI Number
Another valuable resource for recovering your lost Badili smartphone is the IMEI number. This unique identifier is already on file with your cell carrier and can be used to put your phone on a missing phone list.
Report your missing phone to the authorities and provide them with the IMEI number to increase the chances of recovery.
To find your phone’s IMEI or MEID number, follow these steps:
- Dial *#06# from your phone, and the number will appear on your screen.
- On an Android phone, go to Settings > About Phone, where you should find the IMEI number displayed.
By following the above, tracking and recovering your lost Badili smartphone becomes a manageable and achievable task. Badili Africa offers quality refurbished smartphones and the necessary tools and guidance to ensure the safety of your device.
DISCLAIMER: This article is a partnered post and does not substitute for professional advice or help. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility.