You can access the world wide web and its numerous streaming services straight from your phone. However, sometimes, the content needs to be seen on the big screen in your home. We got you if you are wondering how to mirror your phone/tablet to your TV. With the right equipment, it’s very easy. Whether you own an iPhone or Android, here are the simplest steps to take to cast your phone to your smart TV.
How To Cast Your iPhone To Your TV
To cast an iPhone or iPad, you will need a smart TV or a streaming device that can support Apple’s Airplay 2.
- Turn on your Airplay 2 compatible device.
- On an iPhone with FaceID, go to your home screen and swipe down to access the Control Center. With TouchID, go to the home screen and swipe from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center.
- Tap on the Screen Mirroring button (two interlocking rectangles).
- Choose the TV from the list of devices.
- The mirroring will start automatically and you should see the content on your TV.
In case your TV doesn’t show up in the list of available revisers, you should enable Airplay 2 on the device.
How To Cast Your Android to Your TV
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- An alternative is to swipe down twice from the top of the screen to access the Quick Settings panel and look for the Cast option.
- Enable screen mirroring.
- Search for the TV and select it.
- Connect to the TV.
Now you can view your phone screen on your TV and watch your desired content.
If the screencast option does not appear in the Quick settings panel, see if your device can connect Android to TV wirelessly option under a different name in the settings.