Whether you need the money or you don’t need it any more, one of these steps should sort you out. Here’s how you can register or deregister for Fuliza.
How To Register or Deregister From Fuliza
Fuliza is a service that allows M-PESA customers to complete their M-PESA transactions when they have insufficient funds in their M-PESA account.
- M-PESA customers that register using their national ID/Kenyan passport/Military ID can activate Fuliza. However, not all are eligible for a loan limit upon activation.
- Accounts that register using a Foreign passport cannot successfully opt-in to Fuliza.
- One will be assigned a limit that defines the maximum amount of overdraft they can access.
- Each mobile number will qualify for Fuliza M-PESA and Safaricom will award you a limit. The Telco will then review this limit every 3 months depending on your usage.
How to Register For FULIZA
- Dial *334#
- Select Loans and Savings>> Select FULIZA
- OPT in
- Alternatively find it within the M-PESA App and OPT in.
How to Deregister From FULIZA
- Dial *234# on your phone.
- Reply with 0 for Fuliza M-PESA.
- Select Opt out by replying with 7
- A customer will be charged a one off 1% access fee and a daily maintenance fee is applied the next day at midnight or 00.00 hrs.
- You also be charged a 20% excise duty on the access fee. That means a customer who uses Fuliza and repays before the next day at 00.00hrs will only pay the access fee and maintenance on the outstanding amount as per this article.
For any other questions about Fuiza, you can take a look at this comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions.