I’d rather not imagine the stressful days one must have when one loses these important documents. So here’s how to apply for a lost KCPE or KCSE Certificate online.
How To Apply For Lost/Replacement KCPE or KCSE Certificate Online
- Visit the KNEC website
- Click on QMIS
- Click on Register at the bottom of the page. Enter the required details as below.
- After Filling all the fields click on Register
- You will be directed to a login button, click and enter your details and click login.
- Click on confirmation if you want to apply for confirmation or lost certificate if you are applying for a certification letter.
- Enter the index number then select the type of exam, exam series and year and then click search. Your details will display
- At the bottom of the page, click on the drop-down arrow and upload all the necessary documents, once you finish, click on submit button.
- To check the status of your application, you will log in and click on the status to check the progress of your application.
- KNEC will notify you via a text message or email once verification is done so that you can pay the fee for processing to take place.
Once you have the required documents you can apply for the certificates online. The documents that you require before application are;
- Copy of the certificate(s) or slip
- Letter from the centre where you sat for the Exam.
- Sworn legal affidavit from an advocate or court.
- Birth certificate
- Police abstract on the loss of the certificate
- Letter from Registrar of persons
- Passport photo size
- National ID
If you have all the above documents, you can scan them and send them through the KNEC website and await verification. Before making payment for replacement, the KNEC team will scrutinize your documents to ascertain that
- the documents are authentic
- the names are matching with those in the ID and other documents.
Once the verification exercise is done, you will receive an SMS from KNEC asking you to make payments. You are required to make payments through the bank or via simple Mobile Banking.
The paybill through which you make payment is 250544. It costs KES 2320 for confirmation and for certification, it costs KES 5220 per certificate.
The normal time this application has been taking initially has always been 60 working days. However, with the introduction of the Query Management Information System, the processing period is only 15 working days.